With the 2020 holiday shopping season in the rearview mirror, online retailers now have an opportunity to take stock of what was a truly unprecedented season for eCommerce. Now that many companies have had time to process their year-end data, this is the time to gather useful lessons about their customers’ journeys, sales, and how to adapt to an increasingly digital economy.
With that in mind, we’re happy to announce that Namogoo’s Q4 2020 eCommerce report is now available for download (free of charge), highlighting both hard numbers and actionable insights on how to adapt to retail trends in the coronavirus era and beyond. You can get the report now to see what our data shows about the current state of eCommerce and the impact of the peak shopping season on online sales.
Publishing a report looking back at the holiday shopping season’s eCommerce KPIs has become an annual tradition for us at Namogoo in recent years. But this year’s report has a special significance due to the trends that we’ve seen since the start of the coronavirus outbreak – including massive increases in online sales, major disruptions to the business models of brick-and-mortar stores, and new difficulties facing so many consumers. The report’s findings also show how the upheavals and surprises of 2020 impacted the year’s peak sales period in light of predictions that this year’s holiday sales season would have a different timeline than in previous years.
Where do these findings come from? As the global leader in Customer Hijacking Prevention, Namogoo analyzes over 20 billion pageviews per week. This report presents and explores the data that we gathered over the course of the fourth quarter of 2020.
Based on our data analysis, the new report answers some of the most important questions for businesses that rely on eCommerce, including:
- How did this year’s holiday shopping season compare to last year’s in terms of eCommerce?
- In a year that had already seen online sales skyrocket in many industries, did the holiday shopping season see eCommerce KPIs rise even further?
- How did the peak shopping period impact eCommerce KPIs on both desktop and mobile devices?
- Which industries saw their online sales benefit the most from the holiday shopping season?
- How did Customer Journey Hijacking affect online sales during Q4 of 2020, and how much revenue did retailers gain by preventing unauthorized ad injections?
To see what our data shows about the state of eCommerce at the end of 2020 and how to leverage these lessons, download the report today.